Monday, April 24, 2006

latest movie briefs - what to watch and what to avoid!

Recently I've been bolstering my flagging DVD collection. Also, I've been to the cinema a few times. I'm loathe to say it, but not all my choices of movies have proved to be good.

Brief comments on the must watches and the must avoids -

Hero - Definitely avoid! Dear lord, how could such a god-awful film ever come into being. And what's more surprising... what the hell is Jet Li doing in it and what the hell is Quentin Tarentino doing producing such a shite film! 0 stars!

House of Flying Daggers - What was said for Hero goes twenty times for this apalling waste of film, CRTs and movie screens! Zero stars! What a pity I can't rate a movie -20,000 stars!

Fun with Dick and Jane - Yawn... what a BORING and inane film! Every time I feel like Jim Carrey might redeem himself, he proves me wrong! 1/2 stars - and that only because of Tea Leone, whom I fancy!

Ice Age 2 - Meltdown... Now this is a nice film! Scary in the bits where the croco-saurs wreak havoc in the drowning mammals! I loved the possums and the sloth is funny! Not as funny as the first film, but watchable once. Three stars.

V for Vendetta - now here's an entertaining film! Definitely worth watching once... I'd give this one 4 stars!

She's the Man - Very funny film... gorgeous girls, good sport, cool guys who're not depicted as Gods... worth a watch! 4 stars!

Sin City - Dear Lord... now THIS is the Tarentino we know and love! None of that gay balletic kung-fu nonsense! A full-on, in-your-face guts and gore and glory film of real men and spunky women! 5 Stars! Shame I can't rate a film 10 stars!

Company of Wolves - what a waste of 6 quid of my hard earned cash! This one gave me a migraine! One Star!

2 can play that game - what an entertaining film! No bullshit, and the gorgrous and emminently sexy Vivaca A Fox... that works for me! 3.5 stars!

Harold and Kumar get the Munchies - funny film. Couldn't quite capture the humour of American Pie or Van Wilder... but good for passing time. 3 Stars!

Well... you have been advised and warned! So watch and avoid accordingly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home