Sunday, December 18, 2005

A note on Christian Bale

I was in the London Trogadecero HMV store today, hunting for Christmas bargains. Apart from spending a bit of money on some music CDs, I was looking for a companion movie DVD to get along with Lock Stock... in the buy one get one free offer.
I was about to give up since I couldn't see anything that really caught my fancy... and just then my eyes fell on a film called the Machinist. The story reminded me of Memento. But it was the starcast which made me decide to go for it.
Christian Bale has been around for a while now... but the first time I really sat up and took notice of him was in the movie Reign of Fire. Since then I have loved him in Equilibrium and respected his performance in Batman Begins. A later second-viewing of Shaft (Samuel L Jackson's) revealed Christian in what appeared to be one of his earlier roles. Needless to say, it increased my respect for Shaft tremendously. And just when I went for the Machinist today... a film I'd never heard about before, I realize that Christian Bale has well and truly become a Star in my eyes. The next film he acts in, I'll more likely than not, give a look.
This post's dedicated to Christian - may he continue to set the cinema screens ablaze with his sheer good looks and brooding magnetism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home